Auburndale, FL:The Lesley University Baseball team split their first double header of the season against St. Joseph's College of Long Island earning the victory in game one 3-1, but falling in the nightcap 9-2.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- St. Joseph's College got on the board first in the top of the 4th. Paul Britt led off with a single to left and later advanced to third off a Nakashian single. Sanderson followed up with a RBI base hit to left field to get the Golden Eagles on the board 1-0.
- Lesley scattered one hit in the bottom half of the 4th but were unable to get one across.
- The Golden Eagles had a big 5th inning, highlighted by a grand slam off the bat of Britt to give his squad the 5-0 lead.
- At the bottom of the fifth inning, Lesley narrowed the margin to 5-2 when they were able to turn three hits into runs. Vincent Taliercio smashed an RBI single to right field for the Lynx first run. Christopher Papallo, who roped a 1 out double, scored the second run off a wild pitch.
- The Golden Eagles answered back with plating four runs on five hits in the sixth inning which proved to be enough to claim the 9-2 victory.
- Lynx starter Steven DePalma tossed 4 complete innings with 3 strike outs and 1 earned run.
- Vincent Taliercio went 1 for 3 at the plate with 1 RBI.
- Christopher Papallo hit 2-2 with a walk to lead the Lynx.
Lesley continues their preseason in Florida with a game against Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) on Saturday, March 10 at 6:30pm.