Auburndale, FL: Senior Pitcher Nick Iadevaio tossed a complete game performance to earn the 5-2 win, and claim the second win overall for the Lynx. It was a pitchers duel through the first 6 innings, with Lelsey scoring the lone run in the bottom of the 4th. RPI got on the board in the top of the 7th to take a 2-1 lead but two RBI extra base hits for Lesley sealed the deal in the 7th and 8th for the eventual victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Both teams posted a combined 1- hitter going into the fourth inning. Steven DePalma singled up the middle for the Lynx, then later made a trip around the bases advancing off a passed ball and pair of wild pitches for the 1-0 lead.
- Iadevaio dominated in the circle for Lesley through the first 5 innings tossing 5 strikeouts while only allowing 1 hit. He retired nine straight batters from the 3rd through the 5th.
- A lead off double for RPI from Christian Spagnuola, followed by a hit by pitch with runners at first and second and no outs threatened the Lynx lead, but Iadevaio continued to paint the zone striking out two to leave the runners stranded.
- The top of the 7th saw similar action for the Engineers with a lead off triple. Lawrence blasted an RBI single to left field to get RPI on the board to tie the game. A sacrifice bunt moved the runner to third to line up another RBI single and the go ahead run.
- A huge two out, 2 RBI double from Ryan Pumphret in the bottom half of the frame claimed the lead back for Lesley 3-2 going into the final stretch.
- Lesley flashed the leather in the top of the 8th with a 6-4-3 double play to end the inning and keep momentum for the remainder of the the game. Christopher Papallo ripped a 2 RBI triple down the right field line to give his squad the insurance runs needed to secure the 5-2 victory.
- Nick Iadevaio pitched the complete game victory with 9 strike outs and 2 earned runs.
- Christopher Papallo went 1 for 4 with 2 RBI's while Pumphret with 1 for 3 with 2 RBI's.
Lesley has two days off and then are back in action on Tuesday March 13 for a double header against Minnesota-Morris at 10am.