The Lesley baseball ended their Florida run with a close loss against Benedictine University 5-4 on Saturday March 17th. With the loss, the Lynx end their preseason trip at an even 4-4 overall record.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started off hot in the top of the first inning scroing two runs to take an early 2-0 lead. J.P. Agiorgousis lead off the game with a double then Brendan Fairchild drove him in with an RBI single the next at bat. Agiorgousis later came around to score off Benedictine defensive miscues.
- Lynx pitcher Nick Iadevaio tossed a 1 out bases loaded strike out, but Benedictine was able to scrape a run across in the next at bat to make in 2-1.
- The Eagles tied it up at 2-2 in the bottom of the second with runners on the corners and executing the double steal.
- In the top of the third Lesley regained the lead when Fairchild scored off a sacrifice fly from Sophomore Steven DePalma. In the bottom of the inning the Eagles tied it back up with an RBI from Jimmy McLaughlin.
- At the bottom of the sixth the Eagles took and 4-3 lead, then added an insurance run off an RBI single from Kyle Mitter.
- The Lynx offense remained quiet only scattering 3 hits the rest of the game. Agiorgousis got the Lynx within one leading off the ninth with a solo blast, but the next three batters were retired in order to end the game 5-4.
- Senior Nick Iadevaio takes the loss pitching 6 innings, making him 1-1 for the season. He allowed 9 hits and 3 earned runs while striking out 6 batters.
- Brendan Fairchild lead the offense going 3-4 with 1 RBI.
- J.P. Agiorgousis went 2-4 with a homerun.
The Lynx return to Cambridge for a non-conference match up against Rivier College on Tuesday March 20th at 3:00. The single game will be played at the New England Baseball Complex in Northborough.