Northborough, Mass- The Lynx won their first home game of the season against the Rivier Raiders 6-1, in non-conference action Tuesday afternoon. Lesley took an early 3-0 lead in the bottom on the first which proved to be enough in the eventual 6-1 victory. With the win, Lesley improves to 5-4 overall while Rivier slips to 1-9.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started the game on a hot streak scoring 3 runs in the bottom of the first. Junior J.P. Agiorgousis doubled down the left field line to move the lead off batter to third base with no outs. Vincent Taliercio scored from third on a wild pitch, and Matthew Warner followed up with a sacrifice fly for the early 2-0 lead. Freshmen Christopher Papallo had a RBI single to bring in Steven DePalma to end the first complete inning 3-0 in favor of the Lynx.
- Senior ace Tom Muratore got out of a bases loaded jam in the top of the second and then again in the fourth to keep the lead. Muratore was able to keep the Raiders to one hit through 6 shut out innings.
- Lesley scored one in the fourth off DePalma's RBI double to score Ryan Pumphret, and added two run runs in the sixth with RBI's from Papallo and Junior Nicholas Ferragine.
- The Raiders added their only run of the game in the top of the ninth with an RBI single from Brandon Thibault.
- Nick DeGrenier, Daniel O'Donnell, and Jeff Heinz each tossed an inning in relief for the Lynx.
- Daniel White pitched 2 innings in relief for the Raiders.
- The Lesley offense was lead by Steven DePalma who went 2-4 with 1 RBI, and Ryan Pumphret who went 2-4 with 2 doubles.
- Senior Tom Muratore (3-0) secures his 3rd win of the season, pitching 6 shut out innings and only allowing 1 hit while striking out 8 batters.
The Lynx continue their non-conference slate and return to New England Baseball Complex to face Colby-Sawyer on Thursday the 22nd at 5:00pm.