The Lynx extend their winning streak to 6 games with 2 victories over Lyndon State in a non-conference double header. The Lynx improve to 10-4, while the Hornets slip to 4-8.
GAME 1-INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Hornets broke the scoreless game in the top of the third and took a 2-0 lead. With bases loaded Codi Smith walked to score Zach Hale, and then Jason Doris hit an RBI single to bring in Ryan Cordeiro. The Lynx were able to get out of the pinch with a double play to short stop.
- The Lynx tied the game at two off after a huge RBI triple from Ryan Pumphret to drive in Justin Clark and Gage Reycroft.
- Lesley took the 3-2 lead in the bottom of the 6th with an RBI bunt from Nicholas Ferragine to drive in Jacob Cervantes, which earned the game one victory.
- The offense was led by Ryan Pumphret who went 2 for 3 with 1 triple and 2 RBI's, and Nicholas Ferragine who went 2 for 2 with 2 doubles and 1 RBI.
- Colin Reed claims the victory, pitching 1 inning and striking out 2 batters while allowing no hits or runs.
- J.P. Agiorgousis gets the save pitching 1 inning and allowing no hits or runs.
GAME 2-INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx kicked off the scoring in the bottom of the first when Vincent Taliercio advanced to home off a wild pitch.
- The Hornets looked to start a rally in the top of the third following a lead off hit by Chris April, but a double play started by Pablo Casas was able to end the threat.
- The Lynx added two insurance runs in the bottom of the fourth to give them a 3-0 lead. J.P Agiorgousis hit an RBI double to bring in Gabriel Coyne-Martinez. Next to the plate, Michael Fiorelli hit to right field for a single, but Agiorgousis was out at third. With Fiorelli on first, Vincent Taliercio hit an RBI double to bring in the run.
- The Hornets managed to squeeze in one more run with an RBI single from Zach Hale to drive in Ryder Thorton, but it wasn't enough to take lead giving Lesley the 3-1 win.
- The Lynx were led by J.P. Agiorgousis and Vincent Taliercio who both had one RBI and one double.
- Transfer Pablo Casas earns his first collegiate victory pitching 5 innings and allowing only 5 hits, 1 earned run, and striking out 1 batter.
- Steve DePalma lands the save pitching 2 innings and allowing no hits or runs while striking out 2 batters.
When asked about the victory, head coach Billy Cather commented; "the guys did a great job showing up today ready to play a tough midweek opponent. We were very pleased with the way our pitchers were able to pound the strike zone and have clean innings. There were a number of first year guys that were able to make some adjustments in practice and execute on the mound today. We continue to play championship level defense and again we were able to get a clutch hit offensively when we needed it. We will need the same level of focus on Thursday against a very tough Elms squad."
The Lynx look to continue their winning streak on the road Thursday March 29th in a conference match versus Elms College at 7:00pm.