The Lynx improve to a 7 game winning streak with a 4-2 victory over conference foe, Elms Blazers. With this win Lesley's record betters to 11-4 overall with a 3-0 streak in conference, and with the loss Elms slides down to 3-12 overall and 0-1 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started off the scoring in the top of the second inning. J.P. Agiorgousis lead off the inning with a double down the left field line and advanced to third on a sacrifice bunt from Nicholas Ferragine. With Agiorgousis and Steven DePalma at the corners, the Lynx attacked with a double steal to get on the board first. At the next bat, Will Rhone hit an RBI single to drive in DePalma and bring the Lynx to an early 2-0 lead.
- The Blazers cut the deficit in half in the bottom frame off a two out bases loaded single from Ben Ross. Lesley pitcher Nick DeGrenier was able to get out the jam letting up just 1 run with a strike out and fly out to right to hold on to the 2-1 lead.
- Lesley bounced back in the top of the third when Justin Clark hit his first homerun of the season, a 2-run blast scoring Brendan Fairchild to make it a 4-1 ball game.
- In the bottom of the third the Blazers were able to get in one more run with an RBI from Josh Pasini to drive in Thomas Slane to close the gap 4-2.
- Hits came at a minimal for both teams the remainder of the game, with the defensive side of the ball keeping the teams scoreless the rest of the game en route to a Lynx 4-2 victory.
- Nick DeGrenier is credited with his third win of the season, improving him to 3-1 overall. Pitching seven innings, he allowed seven hits and two earned runs while striking out six batters.
- Jeff Heinz earns the save after pitching one inning and allowing no hits.
- Justin Clark lead the offense going 3 for 4 with two RBI's and one homerun.
The Lynx are back home tomorrow, March 31st, at New England Baseball Complex to finish the series with Elms. The games will start at 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm.