Northborough, Mass--The Lynx extended their winning streak to nine games with a three game sweep of conference foe Elms College on Saturday evening at the New England Baseball Complex. With the win, the Lynx improve to 13-4 overall and 5-0 in conference, and the Blazers slip to 3-13 overall and remain winless in conference.
GAME 1-INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- It was a pitcher's duel through most of the game with Elms breaking the hitless offense in the top of the third with at two out single from Ben Ross. The Lynx broke Thomas Owen's dominance in the bottom of the fourth with a lead off single from Jacob Cervantes, but neither team was able to push a run across to break the stalemate.
- The Lynx took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the fifth when Will Rhone hit a sacrifice fly to drive in Steven DePalma.
- Lesley added an insurance run of the in the bottom of the sixth off another sacrifice fly. Back to back sinlgles from Cervantes and Justin Clark to lead the off the inning, followed by Ryan Pumphret reaching on a hit by pitch set up the RBI sacrifice fly from J.P. Agiorgousis for the 2-0 lead.
- Senior Tom Muratore shut down the Blazers in order in the top of the seventh to claim the victory.
- Tom Muratore earned the victory on the mound and remains perfect with his fifth win of the year. Pitching a complete shut out allowing just three hits, no runs, and striking out two batters.
- J.P. Agiorgousis and Will Rhone both had one RBI, while Jacob Cervantes went 2-3 at the plate.
GAME 2-INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started scoring early in the bottom of the second. Matt Bavaro ripped a two out double to the left center fence to get in scoring position for freshman Christopher Papallo. Papallo followed with an RBI single to right to score Bavaro for the 1-0 lead.
- Lesley pitcher Nick Iadevaio retired the next six batters he faced and got out of a tough jam in the top of the fifth to keep the Blazers from scoring. With runners at the corners and no outs, Iadevaio struck out the next two batters and forced a groundball to get out of the inning holding on to the 1-0 lead.
- The Lynx added on two insurance runs in the bottom of the sixth off a two run bomb from Ryan Pumphret, his third homer of the season to drive in Brendan Fairchild.
- The Lesley offense was lead by Ryan Pumphret with a 2-3 performance collecting two RBI's and one homerun. Matt Bavaro chipped in a double and one run scored.
- Nick Iadevaio gets the win, improving him to 2-1 on the year. He pitched a complete game shut out allowing only five hits, no runs, and stuck out eight batters.
The Lynx look to continue their winning streak on the road on Monday April 2nd against fellow NECC member Mitchell College at 3:30.