Norborough, Mass- The Lesley Lynx ended their winning streak with a split double header with the Newbury Nighthawks. The first game ended with a Lynx victory of 11-2, improving them to 14-4 overall. The second game saw a 4-2 loss to the Nighthawks. At the end of play, the Lynx slide to 14-5 overall and 6-1 in NECC play, and the Nighthawks are 8-16 overall while 3-6 in conference.
GAME 1-INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Newbury took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first after an RBI triple from David Center. Center struck again in the third with a single to score Justin Banks for a 2-0 lead.
- The Lynx got on the board with a five-run fourth inning and a four-run fifth inning to claim a 9-2 lead.
- In the fourth, Ryan Pumphret tied the game on a two-run home run to left-center field. A trio of RBI singles later in the inning from Nicholas Ferragine, Will Rhone, and Vincent Taliericio would give the Lynx a 5-2 lead.
- In the fifth, the Lynx loaded the bases with one out and freshman Christopher Papallo singled scoring a pair of runs, followed by hits from Ferragine and Taliercio to give the Lynx the 7-run cushion mid way through the fifth.
- The Lynx tacked on two more in the seventh en route to an 11-2 victory in game one.
- The offense was lead by Lynx junior Nicholas Ferragine, who went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and a pair of runs scored.
- Junior Ryan Pumphret finished 2-for-4 including a two-run home run in the fourth.
- Lynx senior Tom Muratore picked up the win, improving to 6-0 this year. He also recorded his program-record 200th career strikeout in the game.
GAME 2-INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx were out to a 2-0 lead after a Ryan Pumphret double to left-center field. The Lynx finished the top of the first with two runs on two hits.
- In the bottom of the second, Matthew Peluso hit a two run homer for the Nighthawks to tie the game 2-2.
- The Nighthawks added two more runs in the bottom of the fourth with another 2 run homer from Mitchell Walsh.
- The Lynx had their chance in the seventh with two runners in scoring position and one out, but were unable to score and the Newbury defense secured the 4-2 game two victory.
- Nick Iadevaio takes the loss, allowing 4 runs on 6 hits over 5 innings while recording 4 strikeouts.
- Lynx Junior Ryan Pumphret batted 1-for-3 with two RBIs.
- Justin Clark and Matt Bavaro each went 1-for-3 with a double.
The Lesley Lynx continue conference play Monday April 10th at 3:00 versus Becker College.