Boston, Mass- The Lesley University baseball extends their remarkable season with the first ever no-hitter in program history. In game one of the double header versus the Pine Manor Gators, Pablo Casas pitched a complete game no-hitter and led the Lynx to a 15-0 victory. The second game was much tighter but a late inning rally allowed the Lynx to take game two, 4-3. With the two victories the Lynx improve to 18-5 overall, and the Gators slide to 4-11.
Game 1- INSIDE THE BOXSCORE, Lynx 15 - Gators 0
- The Lynx were able to capitalize early in the first inning and take a 4-0 lead. Steven DePalma closed out a high-scoring third inning with a three-run homer to bring the Lynx to a 9-0 lead.
- Lesley continued their hot streak in the fourth inning with an RBI double from Michael Fiorelli. Nicholas Ferragine closed out the inning with an RBI single to drive in Fiorelli.
- Pablo Casas threw Lesley's first program no-hitter. He pitched a complete game shutout, striking out nine batter while allowing no walks. The Lynx defense had one miscue but only allowed one runner on base the entire game.
- The offense was led by Ryan Pumphret who went two for three with one RBI.
- Michael Fiorelli went two for four with one double and one RBI.
- Steven DePalma had one homerun and three RBI's.
- Nicholas Ferragine, Jacob Cervantes, and Zach Rossi all had two RBI's each.
Game 2- INSIDE THE BOXSCORE, Lynx 4 - Gators 3
- The Gators scored their only three runs of the game in the top of the third inning. With two outs already down, Randal Adams was able to hit a three-run homer to left field and drive in Eduary Baez and Isaiah Mack.
- The Lynx kept the game tight by adding two runs in the bottom half of the frame. Vincent Taliercio hit an RBI single to drive in Matt Bavaro and Steven DePalma, bringing the score to 3-2.
- The Lynx added the final runs of the game in the bottom of the fourth inning with a homerun from Will Rhone and an RBI double from Justin Clark.
- Brett Dabrowski is credited with the win after pitching three innings, allowing only one hit while striking out three batters.
- Daniel O'Donnell gets the save after pitching one and a third innings, allowing only one hit while striking out two batters.
- Will Rhone and Justin Clark each went three for four with one RBI.
The Lynx continue non-conference play this Friday April 13th at Eastern Nazarene College.