QUINCY, Mass.- The Lynx increased their win streak with a 8-5 victory over the Eastern Nazarene Lions. With the victory, the Lynx improve to 19-5 overall and the Lions drop to 14-11.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx kicked off scoring early with a huge six-run second inning. Nicholas Ferragine doubled to centerfield to drive in Jacob Cervantes and J.P. Agiorgousis. Ferragine came around to score on an infield hit by Steven DePalma. Later in the inning Justin Clark and Ryan Pumphret both hit RBI's to bring the score to 6-0.
- Eastern Nazarene got on the board in the home half of the second, scoring once to cut the deficit to 6-1. Urena raked a double to right-centerfield to plate Pesce from third base.
- Lesley tacked on a run in the fifth to widen the gap to 7-1. Vincent Taliercio lifted a sacrifice fly to right to score Justin Clark from third.
- The Lions were able to trim the margin to 7-4 in the bottom of the fifth inning. Zach Zaino hit an RBI single to drive in Joshua Bombard and Connor Simpson. The Lions added their final run in the eighth inning with a RBI double from Simpson.
- Will Rhone added the Lynx's final run with a solo home run in the sixth inning.
- Will Rhone went two for four with one RBI and one home run.
- Nicholas Ferragine and Justin Clark each hit two RBI's and one double.
- Nick Iadevaio gets the win pitching five innings and allowing six hits, two earned runs, and striking out four batters.
The Lynx continue non-conference play at Emerson College Sunday April 15th at 12:00.