Franklin, MA.: The Lynx sweep the series against the Bulldogs with a 14-5 victory. With the win, the Lynx improve to 22-5 overall and 10-1 in NECC play. The Bulldogs drop to 9-24-1 and 4-10 in conference with the loss.
Inside the box score:
- The Lynx started scoring early in the first inning with a run from Steven DePalma. The Bulldogs were able to tie the score in the bottom of the second with a sacrifice fly from Corey Karnila to drive in Dakari Cox.
- In the top of the third the Lynx capatlized on a pass ball to surpass the Bulldogs 2-1. Next at bat Brenden Fairchild hit an RBI double to drive in Ryan Pumphret, and later in the inning Nicholas Ferragine hit an RBI double to bring the score to 5-1. The Bulldogs kept the score tight in the bottom of the inning with an RBI triple from Will Kulcher to drive in Ben Hadden.
- The Bulldogs added their final two runs in the bottom of the eight inning with an RBI double from Matt Callahan. The Lynx did not have a scoreless inning from the fifth to the end of the game, and after a high-scoring seventh they were able to keep the score out of reach for the home team.
- Ryan Pumphret went three for four with one RBI and one double.
- Nicholas Ferragine went two for four with two RBI's and one double.
- Brendan Fairchild had three RBI's and one double.
- Nick DeGrenier gets the win, improving him to 3-1. Pitching four and one thirds inning he allowed six hits, three earned runs, while striking out two batters.
The Lynx face Mitchell College in a double header Tuesday April 24th at New England Baseball Complex at 12:30 and 2:30.