New London, CT: The Lynx were defeated by Mitchell College in the final game of the three game series, 7-5 Thursday, April 26th. Lesley took an early two-run lead but were eventually outdone by Mitchell who hit three home runs to seal the win. The Lynx slide to 22-8 overall and 11-4 in conference with the loss. The Mariners improve to 24-7 overall and 12-2 in NECC play.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Vincent Taliercio helped Lesley off to an encouraging start at the top of the first inning. Taliercio hit two RBI's to center field as both first baseman Justin Clark and second baseman Will Rhone crossed home plate.
- At the bottom of the opening inning, the hosts tied the game following an RBI single by James Rangel and a sacrifice fly by Steven Pagan.
- Mitchell surpassed the Lynx at the bottom of the second as base runner Jeremy Santos scored all the way from first base because of Eric Marriott's hit down the center of the park taking an unexpected hop.
- The Lynx tied the game at 3-3 at the top of the third. Will Rhone gained the leveling run, his second of the afternoon, after Ryan Pumphret's ground ball.
- The Mariners had a huge fourth inning with back to back homers from Kyle Harnstien and Garet Griffin to bring the score to 6-3.
- To cut the deficit, Will Rhone claimed his third run at the top of the fifth following Justin Clark's ground out to second base. Ryan Pumphret's sacrifice fly out to center field drove in Steven DePalma to bring the score to 6-5.
- At the bottom of the sixth, Griffin added an insurance run with his second home run of the day. It proved to be the clincher as neither team scored in the remaining three innings.
The Lynx are away all weekend Saturday April 28th to Sunday the 29th for a conference series matchup against Southern Vermont College. First pitch on Saturday is at 1:00 pm.