Fitchburg, Mass. – The Lynx fell to the Fitchburg State Falcons 6-5 in 10 innings tuesday afternoon in a non-conference game at Riccards Field. With the loss the Lynx sink to 24-9 overall and the Falcons improve to 13-16-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The home team put a four spot on the board in the bottom of the first inning for a short lived 4-0 lead. Sean Maki singled to right field to plate Andrew Currie for the first run of the game. Nicholas Cordeau doubled in a pair and scampered home on a throwing error two batters later for a 4-0 lead.
- Lesley evened the score in the top of the second inning. Freshman Zach Rossi drew a bases loaded walk to open the scoring. Next Nicholas Ferragine plated the second run with a sacrifice fly to centerfield and Leo Diguilio scored on sophomore Will Rhone's single to right field. Rossi scored from third on a wild pitch for the fourth run of the inning
- FSU sophomore Matthew Pingitore (Rutland, Mass.) gave the Falcons a 5-4 advantage with a RBI single in the bottom of the third inning, while Lesley added the equalizer on an unearned score in the top of the fourth.
- With one out and the bases full of Falcons senior Andrew Mooney delivered an RBI sacrifice fly to short centerfield to give the Green and Gold a 6-5 victory in the bottom of the 10th.
- Zach Rossi and Will Rhone each went 2 for 3 with an RBI each, while junior Jacob Cervantes (Ventura, CA) recorded three hits.
- Daniel O'Donnell gets his first loss of the season pitching one and two thirds innings and allowed three hits, two earned runs, while striking out one batter.
The Lynx close out NECC play with the series finale versus southern Vermont College May 2nd at Bill Epstien Field, first pitch is at 3:30.