Kissimmee, FL. – Lesley University baseball were beaten by Westfield State College, 14-2, on Sunday afternoon. The Lynx fall to 1-2 on the season, while the Owls move to 2-1 overall.
- Lesley got on the board courtesy of back-to-back singles from Javi Martinez (Chelsea, MA.) and Ryan Pumphret (Shrewsbury, MA.) in the bottem frame of the fifth inning.
- Starter Steven DePalma (Albertson, N.Y.) suffered the loss (0-1) via 2 1/3 innings, four hits, six runs (all earned), six free passes, and two punch-out's.
- Colin Reed (Bedford, N.Y.) and Pablo Casas (Cardiff, CA.) came on the mound in relief, collectively throwing 4 2/3 innings, allowing eight runs (five earned).
- Nicholas Ferragine (Randolph, N.J.), Martinez, and Matthew Warner (San Diego, CA.) turned a 6-4-3 double play to highlight the defensive play of the Lynx.
- Six Lynx complied hits on the day, Martinez led the way with two singles.
The Lynx (1-2) have a few days rest before returning to the field on Wednesday, March 13, to play Washington University (Mo.) in Kissimmee, Florida, first pitch is at 2:30PM.