Milton, MA. – Lesley University baseball were on the wrong end of a 29 run thriller against Curry College, on Thursday afternoon. Curry used 17 hits to post 16 runs to win, 16-13, over Lesley. The Lynx fall to 6-17 on the season, while Curry move to 9-14-1 on the season.
- Curry jumped on the board first with six runs in the first three innings. Although, Lesley would get back into the game with six runs of their own in the top of the fourth. A Ryan Pumphret (Shrewsbury, MA.) single brought home the first run, followed up by a Jacob Cervantes (Ventura, CA.) double to score two more. The inning continued as Cervantes came home on a pass ball and Javi Martinez (Chelsea, MA.) scored two runs from an RBI double.
- The Colonels would respond with three runs of its own in the bottom of the third, followed by two runs in the fifth to take an 11-6 lead.
- Lesley would not back down as Michael Fiorelli (Rutland, MA.) belted a two run homer, in the sixth, to cut into the Curry lead. Curry, however, would expand onto their lead with two runs in the sixth and three more runs in the eighth to hold a 16-8 lead heading to the final inning.
- In the top of the ninth, Lesley would put the pressure on the Colonels. Zach Rossi (Shrewsbury, MA.) started things with an RBI, followed by a Cervantes single to score another run, 16-10 Curry. The Lynx continued to ask questions as Ian Spillane (Chula Vista, CA.) singled another run home. Lesley would score two more runs in the ninth, from a Fiorelli sacrifice fly and a wild pitch, but Curry would hold out to win 16-13.
- Lesley put together 15 hits, with five different student-athletes registering 2 or more hits on the day (Cervantes (3), Spillane (3), Leo DiGuilio (Bradley Beach, N.J.) (2), Pumphret (2), and Martinez (2))
The Lynx (6-17) are back on the field Saturday April 11, for a NECC doubleheader with Elms College at 3:00 and 6:00PM. Games will be played at Granger Field, Worcester, Mass., on the campus of Clark University.