Northborough, MA. – Lesley University baseball came away with non-conference win against Lasell College, on Thursday afternoon. Lesley used 15 hits to post eight runs to win, 8-3, over Lasell. The Lynx improve to 8-22 on the season, while Lasell move to 20-15 on the season.
- Lesley would jump on the board in the second inning. With two outs, Jacob Cervantes (Ventura, CA.) doubled to put a runner in scoring position. Will Rhone (North Haven, CT.) followed with an RBI single to plate Cervantes for 1-0 Lynx advantage. Lasell responded in the next half inning with back-to-back hits to tie the game at 1-1.
- The Lynx threatened in third inning with two outs again. With the base loaded, Cervantes singled to left field to bring in Zach Rossi (Shrewsbury, MA.) and Ian Spillane (Chula Vista, CA.). Lesley now held a 3-1 after three full innings. Lasell would respond in the next inning with a solo homer to left field.
- Lasell held the Lynx offense over the next few innings until the seventh inning. With runners on first and second, Matt Bavaro (Sayville, N.Y.) doubled to left field to score a pair of runs to expand the lead to three runs. Nicholas Ferragine (Randolph, N.J.) added one more run in the inning from a single to score Bavaro, this gave Lesley a 6-2 lead.
- Bavaro would pick up another RBI in the eighth from a walk with the base loaded. Brendan Fairchild (Temecula, CA.) followed with a RBI single to put the score at 8-2 after eight innings. The Lasers comeback could only collect one run in the ninth as Lesley took home a 8-3 win.
- David Albuquerque (Atlanta, GA.) collected the win, first of the season, in five innings of work allowing two runs on five hits.
- Lesley put together 15 hits (tie for season high) from nine different student-athletes. Bavaro and Cervantes led the RBI push as they added three and two RBI's respectively.
The Lynx (8-22) are back on the field for road conference doubleheader, Saturday April 27, against Newbury College at 2:00 and 4:30PM.