Henniker, N.H. – #3 Lesley baseball dropped 5-2 game to #2 New England College on Thursday afternoon at Laurie Cox Memorial field. The Lynx now move into the loser's bracket of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) Tournament. The Lynx fall to 12-24 on the season, while New England College improve to 23-15 on the year.
- Lesley would take the lead right from the start. Leadoff batter, Nicholas Ferragine (Randolph, N.J.) launched his first homerun of the season to give the Lynx an early 1-0 lead.
- The Lynx would expanded their lead to two runs after a wild pitch in the fourth inning. Ryan Pumphret (Shrewsbury, MA.) took advantage of the passed ball and sped home for the 2-0 lead.
- However, the Pilgrims sparked a comeback with one run in the fourth. New England College would eventually take the lead in the sixth. A double with two outs tied the game followed by a 3-run homer to take a 5-2 lead.
- Lesley could not muster any more runs in the final innings, to fall 5-2 on the road.
- Brett Dabrowski (South Windsor, CT.) pitched eight innings allowing five runs on 10 hits.
- Lesley was held to just three hits: Ferragine, Vincent Taliercio (Valley Stream, N.Y.), and Matt Bavaro (Sayville, N.Y.) posted the base hits.
The Lynx (12-24) will play Eastern Nazarene College on Saturday at 9:30AM to keep playoff hopes alive. The game will be play in New London, CT. on the campus of Mitchell College.