NEW LONDON, CT. – The Lesley Lynx baseball team lost both games of a doubleheader to Mitchell College on Sunday, 37-3 and 9-4. The Lynx are now 2-10 on the season, while the Mariners advance to 12-5.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- Mitchell was unstoppable in game one, recording a school record 37 runs on 26 hits. Lesley was only able to musted six hits and recorded seven errors.
- Hunter Yaworski had a great day for the Mariners, driving in eight runs on two hits. He had a grand slam, as did Owen Robbins, his second of the weekend.
- Mitchell scored twelve runs in the second innings and sixteen in the third, when they sent twenty-one batters to the plate.
- Dougie Delacruz and Robbie Delacruz each had four RBI for the Mariners.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- Lesley was able to get a bit going at the plate in game two, scoring four runs on six hits. Chris Papallo drove in a run with a double, then scored on a single by Tyler Washington. Washington then scored on a triple by Giovanni Torres.
- Kenny Heon threw four innings of no-hit ball in relief for Mitchell, though he did allow a run to score. He picked up the win, his second of the season.
- Steve Cochrane had three RBI for Mitchell, while Delacruz and Michael Santiago each had two.
The Lynx host New England College for a doubleheader on Saturday April 24th, with game one beginning at 2:30 PM.