HENNIKER, NH. – The Lesley Lynx baseball team lost both games of a doubleheader to New England College on Friday, by scores of 7-0 and 14-6. The Lynx are now 2-12 on the season, while the Pilgrims advance to 8-11 (6-1 in the conference).
INSIDE GAME 1:
- It was all Pilgrims in game one, as Pilgrims' starter Shaun Cormier shut the Lesley lineup down. He allowed five hits and walked two, while striking out seven over his six shut out innings. Brett Dabrowski took his third loss of the season for the Lynx, allowing seven runs over six innings.
- A five-run second inning put the Pilgrims ahead for good. Tyler Gendron delivered a solo homer and BJ Minarcin added two more later on a double. He then scored on a passed ball and Michael Ciccotelli drove in the fifth run of the inning.
- Ciccotelli drove in his second run of the game in the fourth inning, then scored on a base hit by Connor Morin. Minarcin finished with three hits in this game, while Gendron had two.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- The Lynx scored first in game two on a lead-off home run by Giovanni Torres, but it didn't last long. NEC scored at least once in each inning to finish with fourteen runs.
- Christian Vignola dropped another home run for the Lynx in this one, while Ian Spillane and Michael Fiorelli each had two hits.
- Ciccotelli had another big game for NEC, going 3-for-4 with four RBI. Devin Bedell had an excellent afternoon as well, going 4-for-4 with two RBI and two runs scored.
- Christian Rapoza took the loss for the Lynx, falling to 0-3 this season after giving up nine runs in four innings. Joseph Pascucci got the win for NEC, though he allowed six runs in 5.2 innings.
The Lynx host New England College for a doubleheader on Saturday April 24th, with game one beginning at 2:30 PM.