NORTHBORO, MA. – The Lesley Lynx baseball team lost both games of a doubleheader to New England College on Saturday, by scores of 17-7 and 28-3. The Lynx are now 2-14 on the season, while the Pilgrims advance to 11-11 (9-1 in the conference).
INSIDE GAME 1:
- Michael Ciccotelli and Garrett Langis led the charge for NEC. Ciccotelli was 2-for-4 with four runs batted in, while Langis was a perfect 3-for-3 with three RBI and three runs scored.
- Alex Perez picked up the win for NEC, going four innings allowing three runs and striking out four Lynx.
- Ian Spillane was in the zone in game one, going 4-for-4 with three runs scored. Ronnie James got the scoring started for the Lynx with a three-run homer in the first inning, his second of the season.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- The Lynx struggled on the mound in game two. The Pilgrims were able to draw seventeen walks in the nightcap.
- Patrick Hagerty had four RBI for NEC, while Ciccotelli and Langis each had three more. Evey member of the Pilgrims starting lineup scored at least once.
- James added to his solid day with another three-run homer in the bottom of the first inning for his third of the season, but it was not enough to overcome an eight-run top of the first by the Pilgrims. He was one of six Lynx with a hit in game 2.
The Lynx host Eastern Nazarene for a doubleheader on Saturday May 1st.