FLEMINGTON, NJ. – The Lesley Lynx Baseball team completed a weekend sweep of the Valley Forge Patriots with two more wins on Sunday afternoon. The Lynx won Game 1 of the doubleheader 20-11 and Game 2 13-10. The Lynx advance to 4-0, while Valley Forge falls to 4-0.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- While pitching was yesterday's highlight, offense was the story of today's games. The Lynx put together a big second innings, propelled by a bases clearing triple by James Brandon, but the Patriots came back with a seven run bottom of the inning to knock Lynx starter Patrick Teasdale out of the game.
- Lesley responded to take the lead back, though the Patriots hung in. It wasn't until the seventh that the Lynx pushed through with a huge nine-run frame to take total control of the game. Dylan Langston proved ot be a double-threat, driving in three runs with a single. Justin Dennett added a triple to send two more runs home in the huge inning.
- Eduardo Eble-Lacouture earned the win for Lesley, while Thomas Bost allowed ten runs and picked up the loss for the Patriots. Adam Budorick, Dennet, Ian Spillane, and Andrew Gryniewicz all had three hits, while Brandon had four hits, four runs batted in, and scored four times.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- Much like the first game, Lesley's bats broke out across a couple of big innings. Cal Caruso put in the work early for the Lynx, driving in five runs with three hits. The Lynx put up ten runs oevr the first three innings to knock both James Mock and Kyron Baker off the mound early.
- The Patriots hung in with big games from Allan Goodwin and Colin Orndoff, who both drove in three runs on three hits. Evan Swift picked up the win for Lesley, but did allow seven Valley Forge runs on twelve hits.
- Dennett added three more RBI in the second game to bring his early season total to eight. Gryniewicz picked up another hit as well and is hitting a scorching .769 over the season's first weekend.
The Lynx travel to Maryland to take on McDaniel College on Saturday March 5th. First pitch of the first game is at noon.