WESTMINSTER, MD. – The Lesley Lynx Baseball team dropped two games to the McDaniel College Green Terror on Saturday afternoon. McDaniel won the first game of the day 20-12 and the second game 16-2 before darkness set in. The Lynx fall to 4-2 to begin the season, while the Green Terror advance to 4-2.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- McDaniel jumepd out ahead with an 8-0 lead after two innings to start the day. Tyler Yohn chased the first run home with a triple and then scored on a Billy Wheatley double. Jacob Nemergut lasted only two innings, allowing five earned runs out of eight total on seven hits and three walks.
- The Lynx did get on the board in the third inning and strung together three four-run innings in a row from there. Their scoring got started on three RBI singles by Cal Caruso, James Brandon, and Ronnie James.
- Every member of the Green Terror reached base on this one, though their two top of the order hitters were the only ones held without a hit. Joey Hubinger led the way, recording three hits and scoring five times. Wheatley added four RBI, while Connor Uhrig had five. Brandon, James, and Justin Dennett each had three runs batted in for the Lynx.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- Lesley jumped out ahead with a two run first inning, though it would end up being all they got in game two. Adam Budorick led off with a double and scored on a double by Caruso, who then scored on a James double.
- McDaniel jumped back ahead in the second inning, putting up four runs on three singles off of Dylan Langston. The fourth was the big inning for the Green Terror as seven runs came across to put the Lynx out of reach. After Connor Ward hit a bases clearing double, he was sent home by a triple off the bat of Jake Smith. They added three more runs in the fifth, courtesy of a pinch-hit two-run home run by Kyle Brown and another homer later in the inning by Shane Daly.
- Langston picked up the loss in this one, while Ryan Kelly earned the win for McDaniel. Kelly went four innings, allowing only two runs and striking out five Lynx.
The Lynx are back at it at noon tomorrow for another doubleheader with the Green Terror scheduled to begin at noon.