WESTMINSTER, MD. – The Lesley Lynx Baseball team lost both games of a doubleheader to the McDaniel College Green Terror on Sunday. McDaniel wtook Game One 8-1 and Game Two in a 13-1 blowout. The Lynx fall to 4-4 to begin the season, while the Green Terror advance to 6-2.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- The Green Terror got the jump on the Lynx early, scoring five times in the bottom of the first off of Patrick Teasdale. Teasdale ended up lasting four innings, allowing all eight runs the Green Terror picked up before being relieved for Jacob Nemergut, who tossed two scoreless innings.
- Lesley picked up their only run of the game in the top of the second on a sacrifice fly by Tyler Washington. Brody Cullison made very few mistakes on the day, allowing only three hits and a run in four innings to pick up the win. Ryan Gibbons earned his first save of the season with a scoreless relief appearance.
- Joey Hubinger was the offensive leader for the Green Terror, going 3-for-4 with an RBI. All six of McDaniel's runs batted in were sent home by a different player.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- McDaniel again put together a consistent offensive performance, scoring in every inning but the fifth. Lynx starter Evan Swift only lasted three innings, allowing six total runs (two earned), while Eduardo Eble-Lacouture allowed seven runs in relief (two earned).
- Ryan Martino earned the win, going four innings in relief with four hits allowed. McDaniel starter Jack Valentine came out after the third inning, but was equally as impressive, allowing one run on four hits.
- The lone Lynx run was driven in by a Justin Dennett sac fly to score Adam Budorick. The Green Terror performed similarly to the first game, distributing their RBIs amongst six different players. Jake Smith led them all with two, along with three hits and three runs scored from the two spot in the order.
The Lynx head down to Virginia next weekend for a three game series with Marymount University, beginning with a Saturday March 12th doubleheader starting at noon.