READING, MA. – The Lesley Lynx Baseball team picked up two walk-off wins against the UMaine-Farmington Beavers on Sunday afternoon, winning game one 7-6 and the second game 2-1. The Lynxmove closer to .500 at 9-10 on the season , while the Beavers drop to 0-9.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- Lesley jumped out of the gate early, scoring five runs over the first two innings. Adam Budorick got the first run home in the bottom of the first, reaching on an error that scored Justin Dennett.
- The Beavers miscues also came back to bite them in the second inning. Andrew Gryniewicz reached on an error that allowed Ronnie James to score, with Budorick then drawing a bases loaded walk to send Colin McCarthy home. James Brandon followed that up with a two-run single for his fourteenth and fifteenth RBI of the season.
- Farmington would not go quietly, scoring the next six runs of the contest. They picked up their first two in the top of the third on back-to-back RBI hits by Ryan Sargent and Will Cauchon. Their next run game courtesy of a homer by pitcher Ryan Bartell in the fifth and then a three-run sixth to take a one-run lead.
- Budorick tied the game in the bottom of the sixth inning on a sac fly to score Ian Dempsey before Colby Jacobs put the game away in the bottom of the seventh. With two outs, Ian Spillane reached on an error by Beavers shortstop Nate Coombs, who then committed an error to allow pinch-runner Matthew Ceruti to advance to second. Jacobs then delivered a single to give the Lynx the win.
- Christian Rapoza earned the win after blowing the save in the sixth innings, while Bartell took the loss.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- Theh second game of the day was a pitching duel after each team scored an early run. The Lynx got their's first on a solo blast to left field by Ronnie James, his third home run of the season. Bartell came back to tie it for the Beavers in the top of the third with an RBI single.
- Both teams had opportunities to break the tie, but they each left seven runners on base over the game. Eventually, the Lynx broke through in the bottom of the eighth inning. Budorick led off the inning with a single, then advanced to second on a throw. James was intentionally walked with first base open and Brandon drew a two-out walk to load the bases. Cal Caruso crushed a ball to the fence in left field to send Budorick home to give the Lynx the win.
- Jacob Nemergut was terrific for Lesley, going all eight innings of the extra inning contest. He allowed only the one run on five hits while striking out five.
The Lynx host Dean for one game on Wednesday March 30th at 7:30 PM.