Vote Mike Kaufman for Dark Horse Dunker Competition
CHICAGO – Lesley University senior Mike Kaufman (Boca Raton, Fla.) has been selected as one of 16 potential candidates to compete in the "State Farm Dark Horse Dunker" competition. Kaufman will have to survive five sessions of voting to make it to compete against the stars of college basketball on April 3rd in Dallas.
Check out Mike's video and vote for him here.
Intersport, producers of the State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships, today announced first round voting for the 2014 "State Farm Dark Horse Dunker" competition is now open and runs through Feb. 24. The 16-player field is stocked with under-the-radar players who possess the power, creativity, and hops to compete against college basketball's stars in the Slam Dunk Championship. Fans will determine the winner by voting daily on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/CollegeSlam) throughout the five-week competition.
The "State Farm Dark Horse Dunker" is a bracket-style elimination competition. Round One voting is open for two weeks and features eight head-to-head matchups. Winners will be announced Feb. 24 when Round Two opens. Voting for Round Two, the Semi-Finals, and the Finals will be open one week each. The champion will be announced March 17 and compete in Dallas on April 3. Fans can view a video of each dunker and cast their vote at http://bit.ly/1iRTWBR.
The Round One matchups are:
- Mike Kaufman (Lesley University) vs. Glenn Bryant (Eastern Michigan University)
- Jordan Adams (Western State Colorado University) vs. Chris Udofia (University of Denver)
- Kevin Anthony (Lycoming College) vs. Jonathan Ouegnin (Mercyhurst University)
- Will Giddings (Southwest Minnesota State University) vs. Brison White (Northwestern State University)
- Manny Hernandez (Lynchburg College) vs. Kenny Williams (Angelo State University)
- Deonte Jones (Texas Wesleyan University) vs. Justin Simmons (University of Nebraska Omaha)
- Marcus Lewis (Easter Kentucky University) vs. Sam Johnson (Minot State University)
- Khobi Williamson (Hampden-Sydney College) vs. Jerran Young (Wright State University)
Previous "State Farm Dark Horse Dunker" winners include Corey Law (High Point University) in 2013, James Justice (Martin Methodist College) in 2012. The 2011 winner, Jacob Tucker (Illinois College), went on to win the Slam Dunk Championship.