Nashua, N.H.---The Lesley men's basketball team even their record at 1-1, after a 77-62 victory over Rivier University. With the loss, the Raiders remain winless on the year as they fall to 0-2.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- During the seventh minute, the Lynx expanded the score to 18-9, following a 11-0 run led behind a pair of baskets from sophomore Jordan Bellitti (Cambridge, Mass.)
- Five points from Joey Martin (Melbourne, Fla.) helped the Lynx to a 11-2 run, leaving the score at 46-33 going into the locker room.
- Lesley continued hot as they extended their lead as high as 23, 60-37. Four back-to-back threes sparked by junior Angel Perez (Miami, Fla.) cut the deficit to eight.
- Rivier shot 37.7% on the night while the Lynx shot for an even 50%.
- Lesley owned the boards outrebounding the Raiders 38-31.
- Ian Wade (Windsor Locks, Conn.) earned his first collegiate double-double tallying 13 points and pulling down 10 rebounds.
- Martin collected a double-double for the Lynx finishing off the night with 24 points and 14 rebounds.
Joey Martin: 24 points
Joey Martin: 14 rebounds
Marquise Johnson: 6 assists
Ian Wade: 13 points
Ian Wade: 10 rebounds
Keith Poitier: 6 assists
"It was a great road win for us against a tough, well shooting team. Riv hit some big shots and fed off the home crowd when they cut our lead down. We talked about overcoming adversity together and we buckled down when they went on a run and we got some crucial stops. I'm proud of the way out guys stepped up" says head coach Chris Giordano.
The Lynx will finish off the 2017 Rivier Tip-Off Classic tomorrow afternoon as they take on Unity College at 1:00 p.m. The Raiders will do the same on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.