The Lesley University Men's Basketball team fell to Suffolk University Saturday afternoon in Boston, Mass. Despite the Lynx outscoring the Rams in the second half 30-23, the host squad secured a good enough cushion in the first half to cruise to a 61-46 victory. With the loss Lesley drops to 4-5, while Suffolk improved to 4-4.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Suffolk gabbed an early 11-0 lead with four different Rams writing their names in the scorebook early and forcing a Lelse timeout just 3:56 into the action. Off the bench George Grillakis kept Suffolk's run going with a triple to give the Rams a 14-0 cushion.
- After being held scoreless for 6:14, the Lynx got the board as Chase Howard hit a jumper from Joey Martin.
- Howard and Nathaniel Chambers came off the bench big for the Lelsey in the first half netting 8 of their total 16 points.
- After being held scoreless for 6:14, the Lynx got the board as Chase Howard hit a big jumper. The score hit a standstill from there with neither team finding the netting over the next 2:32 until Cameron Powers hit a pull-up shot from the right elbow.
- Powers ignited a 14-4 spurt for Suffolk that put the hosts ahead 27-8 with 6:37 remaining in the first frame and Lesley used its second timeout of the afternoon. The Lynx started to find their grove, but it was no match for the Rams who controlled the rest of the half to cruise into the locker room up 38-16.
- Michael Hagopian led the offense charge as the junior shot 60 percent (5-10) from the floor and 4-for-6 from behind-the-arc to finish the afternoon with a game-high 17 points.
- The Lynx received 11 points and 7 rebounds from Joey Martin and outrebounded the Rams 33-32.
Lesley will host Emerson College on Tuesday, December 12th for an 8:00 pm start time. Suffolk will host UMASS-Boston on Tuesday, December 7th at 7:00 pm.