Cambridge, Mass- The Lynx men improve to 2-1 in NECC conference play over a dominating team performance in a 91-59 win of Wheelock College. Every player on the Lynx roster scored multiple points, totaling 52 points coming off the bench. The win gets Lesley above .500 on the year with a 7-6 overall record, while Wheelock drops to 1-12.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Wheelock jumped out to an early 8-2 lead after back to back layups and a free throw from Dejuan Rodriguez.
- Joey Martin continued his hot streak for the Lynx draining a 3-pointer to close the gap. Senior Marquise Johnson drove to the hoop for two lay ups and the Lynx first lead of the night.
- Both teams stayed within three points of each other most of the first half until William Cuffee grabbed a defensive rebound and hit Chase Howard for an easy lay up in transition. The Cuffee, Howard combo sparked an 11-0 run for the Lynx with 6:22 left in the first half leading 29-16.
- Martin led the Lynx in the first half with 12 points and 6 rebounds to end the half 41-23.
- The second half saw similar fashion with Lesley quickly extending the score to a twenty point lead and showed their depth in the bench with every player scoring at least four points.
- Nathaniel Chambers led all scorers with 20 points for Lesley, followed by a 17-point effort from Wildcat Kiwane Crowder.
- Martin recorded his second double-double in a row with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Howard and Cuffee each had double digit point totals to end the night.
Nathaniel Chambers- 20 points, 3 blocks, 6 rebounds
Joey Martin- 14 points, 11 rebounds
Kiwane Crowder- 17 points, 3 steals
Dejuan Rodriguez- 16 points, 6 rebounds
Lesley next hosts Newbury College Tuesday January 16 at 8pm.