Cambridge, Mass- The Lynx men fell to fellow NECC conference contender Elms College Wednesday evening, 66-62. A strong defense in the back court put pressure on Lesley and limit their scoring opportunities early in the game. With the loss Lesley falls to 5-2 in NECC play and 10-8 overall. The Blazers picked up their first win of year and sit at 1-15 overall.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Most of the first half was a battle, which saw six different lead changes in the first twenty minutes.
- Will Gibson sunk a 3-pointer at 13:02 to kick of a 5-point spurt for the Lynx to give them a 16-12 advantage.
- Greg Metelus netted back to back shots from downtown to regain the lead for the Blazers 18-16. Elms followed with a 9-2 run and lead 27-20, with seven to go on the clock.
- Elms led by as many as 11 points in the first half before the Lynx cut the lead down to seven, 36-29, at the half.
- Lesley came hot off the break charging with an 11-2 run to take a 40-38 lead. The Lynx were led by Marquise Johnson creating havoc on defense and dishing assists to his teammates.
- The Lynx led by as many as eight points in the second half, taking a 50-42 lead with ten minutes to play before the Blazers responded with a 9-3 sport to keep the game within reach.
- The final Lynx lead of the night came after Nathaniel Chamber's made lay up at 4:53 to put them ahead 56-53. Lesley's offense then became stale, not scoring a basket for four and a half minutes and allowing the Blazers to take control and earn their first victory 66-62.
- Johnson led the Lynx with a double-double in the effort tallying 13 points, 11 rebounds, 6 steals, and 6 assists. Martin led the scorers for Lesley with 13 points.
- Lesley shot just 31% (19-of-61) from the field and 25% (5-of-20) from 3-point range. The Blazers shot 46% from the floor and 36% from beyond the arc.
- The Lynx had a 42-40 rebounding advantage and committed just 11 turnovers in the game, while Elms finished with 18 turnovers.
Marquise Johnson- 13 points, 11 rebounds, 6 steals, 6 assists
Joey Martin- 16 points, 5 rebounds
DeAngelo Cousar- 17 points, 4 rebounds
Greg Metelus- 12 points, 4 assists
Lesley looks to get back on the winning track in NECC play on Saturday when the travel to Wheelock College for a 2pm tip off.