Cambridge, Mass- The Becker Hawks claimed game two of the two-game conference regular season play over the Lynx 74-60. Becker opened up the game on a 9-2 run and extended their lead to as much as twenty in the first half. Lesley took charge in the second half early, opening on a 7-0 run to close the gap to just eight points. The Lynx were unable to even the score and the Hawks secured the victory, their 11th overall and 6th in NECC play. With the loss Lesley and Becker now sit at the same record both overall (11-9) and in conference (6-3).
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Becker jumped out to a 12 point lead in the first half when junior guard Kareem Davis stole the ball and fed Durodola for a layup to put the Hawks ahead 19-7 with 10:06 to go in the period. The hosts led by as much as 17 before a late rally by Lesley cut it to as little as 15.
- Will Gibson and Jordan Bellitti led the Lynx in the first half with 11 points each, totaling 22 of their squad's 24 points at the half. Lesley went into the break trailing by 15, 34-29.
- In the second half, the Lynx pounced out of the gate with a 7-0 rally, cutting the lead to eight just 2:20 into the period off a jumper from Bellitti.
- Back came the Hawks with a 15-4 run, going ahead by 19 off a three-pointer from Durodola. Lesley would not go away quietly, pulling to within eight with just over a minute left.
- Becker would hold on, however, as Davis hit two critical free throws down the stretch to claim the win 74-60.
- Joey Martin had a big second half for the Lynx knocking down 15 points and grabbing 5 rebounds.
- Bellitti lead the scorers for Lelsey with 16 points in the match.
Jordan Bellitti- 16 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist
Joey Martin- 15 points, 9 rebounds
Samual Durodola- 31 points, 10 rebounds
Jalen Robinson- 10 points, 3 steals, 3 assists
The Lynx play their next game at Southern Vermont College, that also coming on Saturday with a 1:00 p.m. tipoff.