Cambridge, Mass- Southern Vermont pushed past the Lesley men's basketball squad 81-60, in a NECC match up Saturday afternoon. The Mountaineers took a 15-point lead into the half and never let the Lynx get within ten. With the loss Lesley slips to 6-4 in conference and 11-10 overall. The Mountaineers improve to 9-1 in the NECC and 17-4 overall.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Senior Marquise Johnson kicked off the scoring in the game in the Lynx first possession. Southern Vermont came right back to even the score on their first time on offense.
- Both teams exchanged points, until Jordan Bellitii dished Charlie Reznikoff for a deep 3-pointer and a 10-8 lead at 14:44.
- Reznikoff's bucket kicked off a 7-0 run for Lesley to take a 14-8 lead.
- With just under nine minutes in the first half, the Mountaineers took control of the afternoon off a Josh Border shot from beyond the arc. The 3-pointer sparked a 16-0 run good for a 14 point advantage with 2:18 left to go.
- The Lynx Will Gibson and Bellitti broke the scoring spell, and the teams went into the half 35-22.
- Nathaniel Chambers got Lesley within 11 points of the Mountaineers after sinking a 3-pointer from Gibson.
- Mike Pierre laid one in off the backboard at 7:05 to give Southern Vermont an 18-point cushion for the eventual 81-60 victory.
- Bellitti led the Lynx with 14 points, while Reznikoff was close behind with 13.
- Claude Payne led all scorers in the game with 17 for the Mountaineers, and Hodo was right behind with 16.
Jordan Bellitti- 14 points, 2 steals
Charlie Reznikoff- 13 points, 2 assists
Claude Payne- 17 points, 4 rebounds
Andre Hodo- 16 points, 3 steals
Lesley looks to get back on the winning track when they travel to Newbury College February 7.