Cambridge, Mass- Lesley Men's Basketball team battled with Dean College Saturday evening at Nicholas Athletic center, but fell 76-62 to the Bulldogs. Despite Lesley knocking down the first shot, Dean came back and took control of the lead for the remainder of the game. The Bulldogs took a 14-point lead into the half, 36-22, and were on their way to their 14th win on the season. With the victory, Dean improves to 8-4 in NECC play, while Lesley slips to 7-5 in conference and 12-11.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Junior Joey Martin drilled the first shot of the game sinking a 3-pointer to give Lesley an early lead. Dean responded on a quick 6-0 run to go up 6-3, and both teams followed by exchanging buckets to keep it close for the first ten minutes of play.
- Crisp passing by the Bulldogs exploited the Lynx defense and put the Bulldogs on a 13-2 run to give them a 24-11 lead with 7:18 left to play in the first half.
- A jumper by Marquise Johnson, and a steal that led to a layup from Jordan Bellitti got the Lynx offense back in the game, trailing 24-15.
- Jordan Booker hit for 5-points in two possessions for Dean to give them a 14-point advantage with just under four minutes remaining. Booker joined with Dayvon Russel led the Bulldogs with 9-points a piece in the half.
- Martin sunk 2 shots from beyond the arc to lead the Lynx with 6-points.
- Bellitti and Martin opened the scoring for the second half, with Martin hitting his third 3-pointer of the night to close the gap 36-27 with 17:55 still left to play.
- Booker responded to the Lynx quick offensive charge with a shot from downtown, and was on the finishing end of a Josh Croskey steal to extend their lead to 15-points.
- With 11:28 left in regulation, Lesley saw it's greatest opportunity to take the lead sparked by a bug 3-pointer from senior WIll Gibson. Martin followed Gibson with a deep shot of his own to get the Lynx within two 48-46.
- Booker fought the Bulldogs way back to the lead, hitting back to back 3-pointers to get back up by ten 59-49. The Lynx were unable to get back within seven points and Dean earned the eventual victory 76-62.
- Martin and Bellitti had great second half efforts for Lesley with 11-points (Martin) and 10-points (Bellitti). Martin led Lesley with 17 total points while Belitti had 14. Johnson was close behind with a 12-point performance.
- Booker led all scorers with 24-points, with half his stat line coming from 3-pointers.
- Dean shot 58% from beyond the arc, while Lesley had an uncharacterized 27%.
- Lesley pounded the boards earning 10 second chance points to Dean's 4, while the Bulldog benched nearly doubled the points form the Lynx reserves.
Joey Martin- 17 points, 5 rebounds
Jordan Bellitti-14 points, 6 rebounds, 2 steals
Jordan Booker- 24 points, 3 steals
Dayvon Russel- 15 points
Lesley next travels to Mitchell College Wednesday evening for an NECC conference clash with a 7pm tip off.