Boston, Mass.-- The Lesley Men's Basketball team dropped their third game of the young season Thursday evening at Emerson College. The Lions's 94-57 victory gave the Lynx an 0-3 record while earning their first win on the season improving to 1-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Emerson jumped out to an early six point lead behind three pointers by Zach Waterhouse and Nate Martin in the first four minutes of game action.
- After a timeout by Lesley, Waterhouse stayed hot on both ends of the court. Waterhouse forced two turnovers by Lesley resulting in two steals. He hit two more three pointers in the next four minutes, helping Emerson to open up a 22-7 lead.
- The Lions continued to build on the lead, scoring 17 of the next 20 points, bringing their lead to 29 at 39 to 10, and extended the lead to 52-26 at the half.
- The Lynx struggled to execute on offense only shooting 27 percent from the field compared the the Lions 57 percent. Joey Martin and Chase Howard led the offense with 7 points a piece, while Treyvon Trent adding 6.
- In the second half, Emerson kept Lesley at length. The Lions opened up the half on an 11-4 run to extend their lead to 63-30 and never looked back to claim the 94-57 non-conference victory.
- Waterhouse led all scorers for the Lions with 21 points on 8-9 shooting from the field and 5-6 from three. He added three steals, two rebounds, and two assists.
- Howard led the Lynx for the second straight game netting 17 points, dishing 4 assists, and had a team high 7 rebounds.
- Trent added 11 points for Lesley in the loss.
The Lynx continue their non-conference road slate on Saturday November 17 at Norwich University. Tip off at at 1pm.