Medford, Mass.-- Lesley University hosted Albertus Magnus College in a non-conference match Friday evening. The Falcons cruised to a 111-62 win over the Lynx to earn their fiftth win on the season. The loss forces Lesley to remain winless so far in the 2018-2019 campaign. Prior to the game, Lesley University and Medford High School held a ribbon cutting ceremony, celebrating the partnership of the two schools and the new Lynx stamped gymnasium.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Treyvon Trent sunk the first points of the game from long range to give momentum for the first three minutes before the Falcons proved their offensive strength with a 10-1 run to go up 12-5. Their first run was all they needed, as they never lost the lead again.
- After a three point shot from Chase Howard to close the gap 12-8, the Falcons went on a 15-0 run to make it 27-8 with twelve minutes still remaining in the first half.
- After a time out called from Lesley, the found a spark on a 9-1 run highlighted by a Joey Martin 3-pointer to get within 11 points, 28-17.
- Davon Warner snapped the Lynx enegery draining a shot from beyond the arc. The Falcons then tacked on 28 more first half points bring their their score to 59, while only allowing Lesley to double their point total at 34
- Lesley was never able to get within twenty point of the Falcons the entire second half, en route to the 111-62 loss.
- Michael Richardson led the Falcons off the bench with 13 points. Jahrell Spence, Marquice Owens, Terry Dawkins, and Jahmerikah Green-Younger each had double-digit scoring efforts in the win.
- Trent matched Richardson with the game high in 13 points while also grabbing 5 rebounds. Joey Martin added 11 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists in the losing effort.
Lesley travels to Becker College to kick off the NECC conference slate Tuesday at 7:30pm