West Hartford, Conn.— The visiting Lynx squad fell to host University of Saint Joseph Saturday afternoon in their first game back in action after the holiday break. The home team powered past the Lynx in a dominating 116-40 non-conference victory, their ninth on the season. Lesley drops to 1-9 on the year.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Blue Jays relied on their length to get on the board first. Ryan O'Neill and freshman forward Alec Kinder cleaned up on second and third opportunities for scores to go up 4-0, with 18:10 left in the first and force a Lesley timeout.
- The Lynx responded with a quick four-point spurt of their own. Baskets from Chase Howard, and sophomore guard Will Sgro made it 4-4, with 16 minutes left.
- It was all USJ from there. Delshawn Jackson Jr. converted on a four-point play, sinking a 3-pointer then the foul shot just as the shot clock was winding down. He followed it up with a coast-to-coast uncontested layup, sparking a 20-0 run to blow the game wide open and take a 55-20 lead at the half.
- The Blue Jays came out on a 20-0 run, taking a 75-20 lead with 15:14 left in the second half.
- The Blue Jays dominated in the paint, totaling 71 points scored to Lesley's 10. Their depth showed collected 62 total bench points in the victory.
- Freshman point guard Delshawn Jackson Jr. led Saint Joe's with game high 21 points, while O'Neill added 16.
- Howard matched the game high with 21 total points for the Lynx, including 13 from the free throw line.
Lesley will play their third conference game of the season at Elms College (MA) on Tuesday, January 8 at 6:00 p.m.