Medford, Mass.-- A dominant second half lifted visiting Eastern Nazarene's men basketball team over host Lesley University, 83-51 in a NECC conference match Thursday evening. With the win, the Lions improve to 6-8 overall and 3-2 in the NECC, while the Lynx drop to 1-11 and 0-4 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Sophomore Will Sgro gave Lesley their first lead of the night, 10-7, after sinking a 3-pointer at 14:18 on the clock. After back to back free throws from the Lions, senior Joey Martin hit his first trey of the night to give Lesley a four point margin.
- Both teams exchanged buckets keeping it a competitive back and forth battle until Treyvon Trent and Martin combined for a 14-1 run for the Lynx. Trent sparked the offensive explosion with a big shot from downtown and followed with a drive to the hoop. Martin then added three 3-pointers of his own to give his Lynx squad a 27-16 lead.
- After a short time out, the Lions had a quick 5-0 run to get within five of the home squad. They continued to put pressure on the young Lesley team drawing fouls and sinking five free throws and tie the game 30-30.
- Levi White-Grady hit a jumper to regain the lead for the Lions and spearhead a 9-0 run to close out the first half 39-30.
- After a Lesley timeout in the opening minutes of the second half, Trent sunk another 3-pointer for Lesley to get within five points, 45-40. That was the closest the home team would get, as the Lions responded with a 14-3 run and quickly reached a 20-point lead to cruise to the eventual conference victory.
- Trent and Martin had the high scores in the losing effort for Lesley with 21 and 18 points respectively.
- White led the Lions with 14 points, while Ricky Shearman and Noah Cheney each chipped in 13 points in the win.
Lesley next travels to Mitchell College on Saturday January 12th with a tip off time at 12pm.