Brookline, Mass.— Game-high 29 points off the bench from Omar Williams helped Newbury College blow past Lesley University Men's Basketball, 104-61 on Thursday evening at Pappas Gymnasium. The Lynx stumble to 1-14, 0-7 in conference. Meanwhile the Nighthawks lift their record to 4-9, 2-5 in conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley found themselves in a difficult spot after the Nighthawks raced to a 21-7 lead in the first six minutes and seventeen seconds of the game, following a Tim Deng tip in.
- Newbury College continued to boost their lead throughout the half as they had an outstanding offensive half. Great spurts separated themselves from Lesley as the Lynx struggled from the field, going 9-32 in the half. Newbury had expanded their lead to 26 points before the half's conclusion, ending 54-28 Nighthawks.
- Lesley started the second frame positively with two threes from Daniel O'Donnel right out of the gate. However, Newbury responded with a strong run bring the lead up to 30 points after a Deng free throw made it 70-40 midway through the half.
- The Nighthawks continued to pile on the points bringing their lead to as many as 46 points late in the second half. Newbury would walk away with the win over Lesley in the end, 104-61.
- Newbury College dominated the glass setting season highs in total rebounds (63), offensive rebounds (20), and defensive rebounds (43).
- Chase Howard paced Lesley with 13 points, while Joey Martin and Jack Wadleigh each added nine points.
- Deng and Pierce Weatherspoon both went for double-doubles as each player had impressive nights on the boards, 19 points and 16 boards for Deng while Weatherspoon added 25 points and 10 rebounds.
Lesley (1-14, 0-7) jumps back on the court Saturday, January 19th, for a 1:30PM tip-off against New England College. Newbury College (4-9, 2-5) will travel to Becker College Saturday, January 19th, beginning a 1:00PM.