Medford, Mass.—A dominant performance by visiting New England College leaves the Lesley men's basketball team winless in NECC conference play. The 104-56 victory for the Pilgrims gives them their 14th win overall (14-3), and garners them a 7-1 conference record. The loss drops the Lynx to 1-15 overall and 0-8 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- New England College quickly jumped to a 12-6 lead in the opening minutes of the game sparked by three pointers from Izaiah Winston-Brooks and Ricky Leonard.
- Jumpers from Chase Howard and Tristen Reese, and a trey from AJ Genova got the Lynx within two, 15-13.
- The Pilgrims went on a 14-3 run midway through the first half to take a 29-16 lead. A Leonard bucket from beyond the arc 7:37 doubled their advantage and kicked off a quick 8-0 run to extend the lead 37-16.
- Leonard recorded 14 points in the first half, including four 3-pointers to help the Pilgrims take a 50-27 lead in the break.
- New England College came out of the break on a 19-6 run to extend their lead 69-33. Eleven different Pilgrim's players recorded points in the second half, outscoring Lesley 54-29 in the half and earn the eventual conference victory 104-56.
- Jason Jones (16), Winston-Brooks (14), Leonard (18), and Alonzo Cooper (10) all had double digit scoring nights for New England College. Jones grabbed 10 boards in the win to register a double-double.
- Howard led the way for the Lynx with 16 points and Joey Martin added 14 in the loss.
- The Pilgrims worked the inside recording 44 points in the paint to the Lynx 22. The visitors proved their depth with 44 points off the bench.
Lesley hosts Becker College Tuesday January 22 for another NECC match up.