Medford, Mass.—The Lesley men's basketball team fell to Becker College 107-85, in a an NECC conference match up Tuesday evening at Medford High School. The loss gives the Lynx their 8th in NECC play and are still chasing a win and drop to 1-15 overall. The win improves the Hawks record to 4-13 overall and 3-5 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Treyvon Trent hit the first make of the game from downtown to give the Lynx early momentum. Chase Howard and Daniel O'Donnell each hit jumpers to take an early 7-2 lead.
- Antonia White Jr. scored back to back buckets for the visitors to get the Hawks right back in the game trailing just 7-6.
- Most of the first half was a back and forth battle with both teams exchanging points, but it was the Lynx who held the consistent lead through the first ten minutes.
- White drove to the hoop for a layup and the first tie score of the game 20-20 with 9:21 left in the first half, but O'Donnell responded in the next possession for the Lynx with a trey to give his team the three point lead.
- White continued to drive the offense for the Hawks with another drive and sparked a 24-8 run for the visitors to claim their first lead of the night 44-28, and steady control the rest of the way through closing the half 51-36.
- The Hawks kept a steady 20-point cushion most of the second half to earn their third conference victory, 107-85.
- Kareem Davis had a dominant shooting performance for the Hawks, shooting 10-14 from 3-point range and had 40 total points on the night. White shot 14-20 from the field, and recorded a double-double with 33 points and 12 rebounds in the win. Jamir Carr chipped in 17 points for Becker.
- Six different Lesley players recorded double digit scoring nights. Treyvon Trent led the way with 22 points. Joey Martin (13) and Will Sgro (11) were next on the leader board, followed by Tristen Reese, Chase Howard, and Jordan Carter tallying 10 points.
Lesley continues its conference slate Saturday afternoon at Dean College.