Franklin, Mass.—The Lesley men's basketball team is still in search of their first conference win after a 110-76 loss to Dean College Saturday afternoon. The loss leaves the Lynx with an overall record of 1-17, while the Bulldogs improve to 12-17 and 7-4 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- It was Lesley that came out strong to start the game, pulling ahead with hot shooting and tough zone defense. Five minutes in, Lesley took its largest lead of the game (15-10) on a three pointer from Joey Martin.
- Dean responded with a 6-0 run to take the lead 16-15, but Lesley answered with another triple to push back ahead with 13 minutes to play in the opening half.
- Tied at 28, Dean stepped on the gas. The Bulldogs ripped of a 13-2 run over the next three minutes to grab control of the game and continued their hot shooting down the stretch to head into the halftime break up 50-32.
- A three pointer from Jordan Booker extended the Bulldog lead to 23 early in the second half. Moments later, a fast-break layup from Armani Baker increased the advantage to 27.
- Dean was never threatened again. The Bulldogs cruised down the stretch, getting contributions from numerous players en route to a 110-76 New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) victory.
- Booker led all scorers with 28 points on 11-18 from the field. He also added eight assists. Baker extended his double-double streak to eight straight games with 19 points and 19 rebounds.
- Four of the Lynx starters hit double digits in the point total led by Joey Martin with 17. Tristen Reese was close behind with 16 points and dished out 5 assists. Daniel O'Donnel and Treyvon Trent rounded out the top scorers with 12 points apiece in the loss.
Lesley hosts Elms College Wednesday January 30 with a tip off at 6pm.