Quincy, Mass.- The Eastern Nazarene College men's basketball team surged past Lesley 87-57 Saturday afternoon at the Lahue Physical Education Center. The Lions elevate to 12-10 on the season and 9-4 in the New England Collegiate Conference with the win. The Lynx slide to 2-18 overall and 1-11 in league action with the outcome.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lions opened the game on a 12-0 run to keep momentum on the home side for the first ten minutes.
- The Lynx trimmed the margin to 14-8 with 12:11 to go in the first half on a trey by Treyvon Trent.
- Eastern Nazarene reclaimed a double-figure lead on a three-ball by Waldroop with 4:23 to go in the opening frame, 27-17.
- Lesley pulled to within four points, 29-25, as Chase Howard knocked down a three-pointer from the corner with 2:13 to go in the half.
- The Lions carried a 34-28 advantage into the halftime intermission after shooting 53.8% from the floor and 5-for-9 from three-point range in the first half.
- The Lynx were limited to a field-goal percentage of 34.6% in the opening 20 minutes of action to go with a 35.7% success rate from behind the arc.
- The Lions quickly added a 10 point margin, 41-31 just three minutes into the second half. Lesley cut the gap to 41-36 with 16:25 left to play on a basket by Trent.
- The Lions tallied nine-unanswered points to widen the margin to 60-44 with 9:03 remaining in regulation.
- The hosts maintained a double-digit lead throughout the remainder of the game and extended their advantage to 31.
- The Lions concluded the contest with a field-goal percentage of 57.1% to go with a 43.8% clip from downtown. The Lynx shot 33.3% from the floor and 34.5% from three-point distance on the afternoon.
- Chase Howard led the Lynx and all scorers with 24 points, and Joey Martin chipped in 11 points in the loss.
- Josh Rice led the Lions with 20 points, and Jacob Waldroop was had nine rebounds, four steals, and 12 points.
The Lynx next travel to Pine Manor College for a non-conference match at 7pm.