Chestnut Hill, Mass.-- Senior Joey Martin earned his 1,000th career point in a 23 point night for the Lynx. Despite Martin's efforts, the Lynx fell to host Pine Manor College 113-84 Monday evening. The Gators picked up their eighth win overall, and improve to 8-14 on the season. The non-conference loss slides the Lynx to 2-19 overall.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Martin kicked off the game with his first trey of the night to give the Lynx a 3-0 lead in the first possession of the game. Both teams exchanged buckets, before Martin and Chase Howard combined for a 9-0 run and a 16-9 lead midway through the first half. Treyvon Trent and Martin sunk 3-pointers to extend the Lynx margin to twelve points, 26-14.
- The Gators closed the gap with an 11-0 run of there own sparked by back to back treys from Steven Collins to get within one of the Lynx 26-25. With just over six minutes left to go in the first half, Rasheed Bell made a lay up for the home team to regain the lead 29-28.
- Within a minute, Trent hit for back to back treys and Jack Wadlegih followed up with one of his own to tie the game 43-43 with 2:01 left Bellon the clock. The Gators closed out the half on a 10-0 run to enter the break up 53-43.
- The Gators held the 10 point lead for the opening minutes of the second half, before 14-2 run extended their lead to 22 points 72-50, and force a Lynx time out.
- Lesley wasn't able to get control back in the game with 17 turnovers in the half, and the Gator defense forcing 11 steals to earn the non-conference victory.
- Howard led the Lynx offensively with 28 points and a perfect 6-6 from the free throw line. Martin chipped in 23 points and 8 boards in the loss, while Trent added 11 points, three from downtown.
- Bell had a game high 30 points in the victory, shooting 12-20 from the field. Collins had solid performance with 23 points and 3 steals, while Jamal Hamans had huge night off the bench for the Gators with 24 points and 8 rebounds.
- Pine Manor dominated the points the in the paint with 68 to the Lynx 34, and also capitalized on Lesley miscues transitioning into 41 points off turnovers compared to the Lynx 19.
The Lynx next host Mitchell College on Wednesday evening with a tip off at 8pm.