Medford, Mass.— Lesley University Men's Basketball couldn't handle the balanced scoring of Mitchell College, as Mitchell walked away with an 85-61 conference victory at Medford High School Tuesday night. Lesley move to 2-20, 1-12 in conference overall. Mitchell improve their record to 15-8, 9-5 in conference on the season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The visiting team raced out to a quick start, as they began with a 7-0 run to put themselves ahead, following a Domenico Santiago layup. After a quick timeout from the Lynx, an 11-2 run developed for the home team, capped off by a Chase Howard take to the hoop, forcing the Mariners to call timeout.
- Mitchell would dial up the pressure in the ensuing possession and eventually regain the lead at the 12:07 mark, 17-15. From then, the Mariners were able to string together multiple runs, which accumulated in a half time advantage. Lesley would trail at the break 44-36.
- Lesley were playing catchup as the Lynx went back and forth with the Mariners in the opening stages of the 2nd half, they were unable to chip away at the deficit.
- Mitchell would pull away from Lesley at the 16:46 mark in the 2nd opening up a 17-3 run, sparked after a Hasani Williams layup. Lesley used good free throw shooting to chip away at the lead. The Lynx finished 14-20 from the free throw line on the evening.
- Mitchell expanded their lead to as many as 32 points before the game would finish, Mitchell would grab the win in Medford with the final score reading 85-61.
- Joey Martin paced the way for the Lynx with 19 points, while Howard had a solid performance of 17 points.
- The Mariners had four players reach double figures. Steffen Brunson lead the way with 16 points, Williams contributed 14 points, Landon Peabody dropped 13 points from the bench, and Matt Finke finished with 11 points.
Lesley (2-20, 1-12) will next play at Southern Vermont College Saturday, February 9th, at 1:00PM. Mitchell College (15-8, 9-5) are back on the court against Southern Vermont College Wednesday, February 13th, with a tip off at 7:00PM.