Bennington, Vt.— Lesley University Men's Basketball could not overcome the balanced attack of Southern Vermont College, falling to the Mountaineers 85-69 at Mountaineers Athletic Center on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx fall to 2-21, 1-13 in conference action. With the win, Southern Vermont College move to 16-7, 10-5 in conference, overall.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Each team made some early baskets as the game progressed through the first few minutes. The Mountaineers were able to open up a 12-4 run, after a Josh Borders layup, to put themselves ahead midway through the half.
- Lesley were quick to respond as the Lynx went on a short 6-2 run courtesy of a Joey Martin layup and Chase Howard free throws. Southern Vermont would not be phased as they closed the half on top, 45-36.
- After the break, the Lynx were first score with two free throws from Howard. Both teams exchanged runs over the next few minutes with neither team able to take control of the half.
- Lesley were able to get close to the Mountaineers later in the game. Two Howard free throws brought the deficit to just five points with 6:17 remaining in the game.
- From that point, Southern Vermont went on a 13-0 stretch in the span of just four minutes to regain a comfortable lead. The Mountaineers would win their final home of year 85-69 over the Lynx.
- Three Lynx reached double figures during the game. Chase Howard led all scorers with 29 points, Joey Martin added a double-double of 23 points and 10 rebounds, while Treyvon Trent tacked on 14 points.
- The Mountaineers registered five players in double figures. Andre Hodo led the way with 18 points, while Kajuan Kinsey and Borders had 15 points. Meanwhile, Kiran Durant and Aaron Murray chipped in with 10 points each.
Lesley (2-21, 1-13) will next play Newbury College Wednesday, February 13th, at 8:00PM on Senior Night. Southern Vermont College are back on the court against Mitchell College Wednesday, February 13th, with tip off at 7:00PM.