Henniker, N.H.— Lesley University Men's Basketball finished the season at New England College at Bridges Gym on Saturday afternoon. The home team would have the upperhand finishing 117-89 Pilgrims. Lesley finish the regular season with a record of 2-23, 1-15 in NECC play. New England College claim 1st place in NECC with record of 15-1, 23-2 overall.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Both teams opened the game on alternating runs. New England College held an early 12-4 lead only to have it Lesley storm back within two points, 15-13, just five minutes into the contest.
- From then, the Pilgrims opened up a 15-2 run. A pair of Jason Jones free throws opened the run and Jamel Allen's three pointer closed the stretch.
- Lesley battled back during the rest of the first half but could not bring the Pilgrim lead under 10 going into halftime, New England College held a halftime lead of 54-40.
- The Pilgrims would gradually increase their lead as they returned from the locker room, expanded the lead to 22 points with 17 minutes to play in the 2nd half after a Ricky Leonard layup.
- Lesley could not catch the efficient Pilgrims as they expanded the gap to as many 35 points. New England College finished on top 117-89 over the Lynx.
- Joey Martin poured in season high 27 points and 12 rebounds to lead the way for the Lynx. Treyvon Trent contributed 24 points, Chase Howard finished game on 17 points.
- The Pilgrims had six student-athletes reach double-figures. Leonard led the way with 20 points, while Izaiah Winston-Brooks grabbed 16 points, Stephen Fama chipped in with 15 points, Allen dropped 13 points, along with 12 points from Jones and Justin Eck.
Lesley (2-23, 1-15) finish their season under first year head coach Devon Mayo with four graduating seniors. New England College (23-2, 15-1) earn a first round bye in the 2019 NECC Men's Basketball Tournament and will next play Thursday, February 21st, against the winner of the Mitchell College and Southern Vermont College.