BOSTON, MA. -- The Lesley men's basketball team lost to the Suffolk Rams on Thursday night by a score of 92-54. The Lynx drop to 0-8 on the season, while the Rams advance to 4-3.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Chase Howard tied his season high with 28 points in this one. Howard accounted for more than half of Lesley's point total on the night after shooting ten from twenty-two from the field and eight of ten from the free throw line. He was the game's high scorer overall and added five rebounds and two steals on the night.
- The Lynx had a tough night from beyond the arc. Luqman Abdul-Rauf made Lesley's only three pointer of the night in sixteen chances. The Rams, meanwhile, went thirteen of thirty-three from three.
- The Rams were led Alex Jacovides, who scored 20 points off the bench in seventeen minutes. Jacovides was four of nine from three point range. Brendan Mullson and William Rowe each added ten points for Suffolk.
- The first half was again an issue for the Lynx, as they suffered another slow start. They were down 56-21 at halftime before battling to a three point differential in the second half.
- Lesley was able to limit some of their past turnover issues and held the Rams to only 22 points off turnovers, while scoring 14 of their own. They also held the Rams off of the offensive glass and allowed Suffolk only nine second chance points.
- Howard's big night pushed his points per game total to 20.5 and bumped him up to second in the NECC in the category.
The Lynx travel to Emerson on Tuesday December 10th for an 8 PM matchup in their search for their first win before breaking for the holidays.