MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley men's basketball team lost to the UMass Boston Beacons 90-64 on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx fall to 0-12 on the season, while the Beacons advance to 9-5.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Chase Howard led the Lynx with 27 points, three steals, two assists, and one rebound. Howard was efficient in his shots, going 8 for 13 from the floor and making 10 of 11 free throw attempts. He is third in the NECC in points per game with 19.
- Kostas Tatsis had a double-double off the bench for Lesley, scoring 14 points and collecting ten rebounds. Aaron Whitman added nine points and six rebounds, while Treyvon Trent added seven and five.
- The Beacons got a career high 30 points from Dasan Cinelli, along with eleven rebounds. Malik Lorquet had a double-double of ten points and ten rebounds, while Michael Boyd racked up nine assists.
- Charles Mitchell added seventeen points, four rebounds, two assists, and three steals in a strong all around effort for UMass.
- The Beacons shot 37.9% from three, which was their big advantage over the Lynx. Lesley only shot 17.2% from beyond the arc and struggled on the offensive glass, with UMass gaining the advantage 14 to 9.
The Lynx stay at home for a matchup with New England College on Thursday January 16 at 7:30 PM.