MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley men's basketball team fought hard, but lost to New England College 97-81 on Thursday night. The Lynx fall to 0-13 on the season and 0-2 in the NECC, while the Pilgrims advance to 10-5 overall and 1-1 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx stayed strong throughout the first half while keeping the Pilgrims from extending their leads. Lesley was able to go on small runs to stay within single digits of the Pilgrims over the final minutes of the half, finishing out down by only nine.
- Treyvon Trent led the Lynx on the night with an impressive 26 points, six rebounds, and three assists. Trent was a great four of six from three to help Lesley achieve a 35.3% mark from beyond the arc. Lesley's strong three point shooting kept them within striking distance all night.
- Aaron Whitman added sixteen points on eight of eleven shooting, along with seven rebounds. Whitman has shot 51.6% over his first three games for the Lynx.
- Kostas Tatsis had a good all-around night off the bench. Tatsis only scored six points, but made sure he was invovled by securing thirteen rebounds and dishing out five assists. Chase Howard added ten points for the Lynx as well.
- The Pilgrims got a big night offensively from Jamal Allen. Allen scored 24 points, shooting nine for eighteen from the floor and three for six from three.
- Calvin Cheek was a menace on defense for NEC, stealing the ball from the Lynx eight times. Lesley had 37 total turnovers and the Pilgrims were able to score 37 points off the mistakes. Cheek added 13 points, four rebounds, and four assists to his night.
The Lynx finish up a three game homestand on Saturday afternoon with a 1:30 PM tip off against Eastern Nazarene.