MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley men's basketball team fell to Eastern Nazarene College 84-64 on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx fall to 0-14 on the season and 0-3 in the NECC, while the Lions fourth straight win brings them to 8-8 overall and 4-0 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Kostas Tatsis finished with a 21 point and 11 rebound double-double for Lesley. Tatsis did most of his work in the second half, scoring 16 of his 21 in the final 20 minutes.
- Treyvon Trent finished with ten points and five rebounds for the Lynx, while Chase Howard scored nine points and grabbed six rebounds. Dean Grant also added six points, a career best, off the bench.
- The Lions were led by a hot shooting day from Josh Rice. Rice finished with 23 efficient points, going eight for fourteen from the field. He was seven of twelve from three and did his damage in only 23 minutes.
- Garrett Crandell added 20 points of his own, along with eleven rebounds. David Lopez finished with 16 points and nine rebounds for the Lions.
- Eastern Nazarene shot 44.1% overall in the game, 41.4% from three, and 76.9% from the free throw line. The Lynx were not turnover-prone, but could not capitalize on their shot opportunities, as they shot only 39.3%. The Lynx looked stronger in the second half, shooting 50%, but the deficit was too large to overcome.
The Lynx hit the road for a 6 PM matchup with Mitchell College on Wednesday January 22nd.