MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley men's basketball team finished their year with a hard fought 79-70 loss to the Becker Hawks on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx finish at 0-24 on the season and 0-12 in the NECC, while the Hawks finish 11-14 overall and 4-8 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx celebrated Treyvon Trent and Aaron Whitman before the final game of their college careers.
- Trent was hot early, but was in foul trouble for most of the second half. He scored 17 points and shot five of nine from three. He also added three assists and two rebounds in his final performance.
- Whitman scored ten points and added six rebounds in his last game. He played tough defense inside for the Lynx, collecting a steal and a block and forcing several Becker turnovers.
- Chase Howard and Kostas Tatsis closed out their seasons in strong fashion. Howard scored 13 points and added six assists. He finished third in the NECC in points per game with 17.6 Tatsis scored eight points and grabbed ten rebounds before fouling out, but was able to secure his place atop the NECC rebounding leaderboard with 9.0 per game.
- Kyle Murphy made several huge shots to keep the game close. He finished with eighteen points and went four for seven from three, all at clutch moments to keep Becker from running ahead.
- Becker had a balanced all-around attack. Four starters scored in double digits: Mekhi Chester (14), Jordan Rose-Wheatley (15), Jamir Carr (13), and Mateus Ribiero (18), while Guney Kilitcioglu had nine.